Ridge Route Communities Museum & Historical Society
Home Page
Membership and Donations
Museum Page
Events Page
Museum Store

OUR MUSEUM

Ridge Route Communities Museum & Historical Society - building
Mural on Museum building
The Ridge Route Communities Historical Society was forunded in 1996 and just two years later a museum was opened in a store front in our mountain community of Lake of the Woods. The museum board then purchased the present property in Frazier Park and the museum moved there in 2003. The museum consists of a small building housing an exhibit area, a library of books, files on every subject pertaining to the mountain area as well as a book store with books on local history,and on the north exterior wall of the building is a beautiful mural painted by Michelle Nosco depicting the area's history
 
 

THE MUSEUM GROUNDS

On the grounds, look for the plaque commemorating the first Spanish trail that ran by the museum. This trail is thought to date back to the 1600's. The log cabin was the first home of our founding family - complete with outhouse and wagon. There is a wonderful example of one of the early gasoline service stations, a mining exhibit and a program area. To the south and east of the museum is a patio in progress, lit by lamp posts from the very historic Lebec Hotel, and over the bridge is our tribute to the local Native population.


Plaque commemorating El Camino Viejo
El Camino Viejo - plaque
John Cuddy's Cabin - 1853
John Cuddy's cabin built about 1860.
This replica of a Chumash Hut is located in our Native American Center.2 Chumash Hut
Near the museum building, four of the lamp posts from the old Lebec Hotel have been placed and relit,
Light from the Lebec Hotel
Gas Station replica from 1930's
Across from the Museum building is a replica of a 1930's style Gas Station. We occasionally display old cars in front of it as owners make them available.
 



WHEN WE ARE OPEN
The Museum and Historical Society offices are open Friday through Sunday afternoons
from 12-5 during summer months until September then 12-4 pm September thru May for winter months

Email us at rrchs@frazmtn.com